Monday, October 5, 2009

My First Ever Picture Blog...

::Cue heroic fan fare:

I cooked today. I never cook. Never. As a matter of fact, I haven't been grocery shopping in months. I cleaned out my fridge in preperation of this momentous event and took three large garbage bags down to the dumpster. Digusting, I know. But, that was the past. This is day one of the new me...(for now) I picked up an issue of "Clean Eating." This magazine is brilliant. Inside was an article called... 5 meals for $50. It came completed with recipies and a grocery shopping list.



Day One: Salmon Patties with Summer Squash and Zucchini

This is what it's supposed to look like



Here's the Journey



The recipie called for Carrots, peeled and grated.
They assume I have a peeler and grater.
I do not. I have a big knife. That is all.

No small carrots here... oh no, we like 'em big and chunky.





Yummy!

The final product!

Not quite the picture, but absolutely delicious.

The best part: less than $5. to serve 4

Per Serving: Calories: 210 Fat: 4.5








No comments:

Post a Comment