Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Letting someone in

I am thinking of a room mate. Life is not cheap and I like to do things. I like to travel. China peaked my interest and left me craving more of the world. I like cameras. No, I love cameras. I love capturing humanity... candid or posed. I love books. I cannot get enough of the written word. None of these things are cheap. Getting a roommate would alleviate a lot of financial burden. It would be nice to not be alone for the holidays. It would be nice to not be alone.
But, can I let someone in? I am difficult. I am emotional, messy and chaotic. I have a lot of stuff. I can be selfish and needy. I am filled with flaws that can be disguised as quirks and charm. The disguise does not last long.

I am torn between fearing change and loving change. I worry.

1 comment:

  1. Tough decision. I'm not sure a roommate could give you the big money you want, on the other hand it could give you a big headache.

    ReplyDelete